Thursday, March 06, 2008

Tragedy in Courthouse!

Last night I pulled into the Taco Bell in Courthouse to discover that it has closed! WHY? How can they do this to us?

My boyfriend (the First Gentleman of Clarendon) used to get so upset with me because I would use all of his parking change as my taco fund! He would go to put money in a parking meter and there wouldn't be any left and he would ask me why and I would tell him because I went to Taco Bell to eat tacos and I would laugh really hard at spending the money and he wouldn't and it was kind of our thing. Like I would spend his money on my taco habit. I'm going to miss those days. Plus, it's the only taco joint in the area with a drive-thru. BOO-HOO I already miss you Taco Bell. I think as Mayor I am going to have to see what I can do about having another Taco Bell opened in the area.

Ode to Taco Bell

I'm going to miss you soft shell taco supremes-
With your low grade meat and tasty sour cream,

I know I am emotional and act like a sap,
But there is nothing I am going to miss more than a tasty Crunch Wrap.

I like the little jokes they put on the hot sauce packs,
But I'm so upset at the closing, I feel at a loss for late night snacks.

It's one of the only places in the area that serves Pepsi,
Now the only place in Courthouse with a drive-thru is Wendy's

Adios Taco Bell!



1 comment:

Rik said...

We are sad to see Taco Bell go. It was the site of several thrilling cross-border raids, as we tried to escape the pretentious tyranny of expensive downtown DC dining, for the simple pleasure of a Gordita Supreme on the grass of some apartment complex. So sad...