Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Meet Rebecca Dick! Director of Pop Culture and Television!


Please meet Rebecca Dick, Director of Pop Culture and Television for the Greater Clarendon area!

What is your official title for my campaign?
Director, Television and Pop Culture

What are three websites you check everyday and why?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ -- because there's news and stuff. And because I like to do sudoku.
http://www.tvtattle.com/-- because I am obsessed with television.
http://www.ew.com/ -- because I am obsessed with...entertainment.

Do you like paper shredders and why?
Yes. If you put scraps of wrapping paper through the shredder, it makes nifty filler for gift bags.

What is your favorite tv show and why?
Oh, you have got to be kidding me. I love TONS of TV shows! Can I give you a top 5?! Okay, in no particular order, but as close to an order as I can do: Friday Night Lights, The Office, Brothers and Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty. WAIT. I need a separate category for reality shows: Survivor, The Amazing Race, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, and, um...oh, American Idol, of course. I need a life.

What is your favorite amusement park and why?
Kennywood, in Pittsburgh, PA. It is the greatest amusement park in the world, and I'm happy to take a field trip there with whomever would like to go (particularly the mayor). It has several AWESOME roller coasters, both wooden and steel, and a lot of other great rides. Plus the food is awesome. It's very old timey. And I've been going there since I was a little kid.

What color pen do you prefer to use and why?
It depends on what I'm using it for, but the one I use on a day to day basis is black.

Do you like ketchup? 
Um...not really. I prefer other condiments. But some things just need ketchup. Like the home fries at Whitlows. I prefer the low sugar ketchup from Heinz, but it's hard to find. Buy me some if you ever see it.

Why do you think restaurants put pickles on plates?  This is an excellent question, Mayor, and one that I feel I am uniquely qualified to answer, seeing as how I am from Pittsburgh, home of Heinz pickles (don't tell them I don't love ketchup, though...) Did you know that pickles are mentioned in the bible? Also, did you know that pickles are technically a fruit? I think, you know, if it can't be baked into some sort of delicious dessert, it shouldn't be considered a fruit, but no one asked me. Anyway, I'm rambling because I realize that I don't know why they put pickles with sandwiches. But you can find lots of pickle information here: http://www.ilovepickles.org/index.html -- they're located in DC...field trip?

If you had the chance, would you go to Mars (feel free to elaborate)?  Um, no, probably not. I've heard it's pretty cold there. Plus I don't like long flights. I mean, I'll go on them to go to, like, Hawaii, but I'd probably pass on Mars. Maybe that's lame or whatever, but, I mean, what is there to do on Mars? Nothing fun, I bet. It's probably like Nebraska or Fredericksburg.

No comments: